Friday 29 April 2022

Sabbatical #2, not quite in France

Liverpool (Sabb 2 Week 1)

It has been some time, and we're not exactly in France, but Craig's next sabbatical has arrived so in the interest of keeping the sabbatical travelogue together, we'll resurrect this and see how it goes!

Will replace with real pic when I have it!
Craig is doing some crystallography at the University of Liverpool with a collaborator, and poking around town on the weekends.  Pretty much all he's done so far is crystallography and attend a variety of chemistry social functions - they seem to have a lot here!  Here's a picture of one of the structures we solved.  Unfortunately, it's already been published by someone else (i.e. it isn't what Craig's student wanted!), but you'll have to wait for the actual publications to see the new structures! =)

P.S. You'll see a lot of selfies for a few posts since Craig is alone on this particular leg of travels

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to see the blog continue. I subscribed via Feedly back in 2014 and so it told me you were back at it. I am also on sabbatical but only 6 months until July 1. I guess I won’t see you in Calgary but maybe in 2023 in Vancouver. All the best to Yolanda and the kids, Nicole

    ReplyDelete